November 24, 2007

The Jackofficers: Digital Dump


Digital Dump: (from Wikipedia) The Jackofficers was a side project started by Gibby Haynes and Jeff Pinkus of the Butthole Surfers. They released their only album, Digital Dump, in 1990 and disbanded the same year following a brief club tour that found them simply hitting play on a walkman and standing there while it played. The music consisted entirely of samples manipulated and mixed on early computer software and f/x. Samples range from Jimi Hendrix spoken words to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
1. "Love-O-Maniac" – 3:05
2. "Time Machines Pt. 1" – 4:57
3. "Time Machines Pt. 2" – 4:05
4. "L.A. Mama Peanut Butter" – 3:28
5. "Do It" – 3:20
6. "Swingers Club" – 4:18
7. "Ventricular Refibulation" – 4:03
8. "#6" – 2:44
9. "Don't Touch That" – 3:09
10. "An Hawaiian Christmas Song" – 3:33
11. "Flush" – 1:21

4 comments:

Randy Makiej said...

I had this. i think it was stolen from my pile at a party. It was pretty good if I remember.

Henry Krinkle said...

It's not something I listen to very often but I still like it. Probably because it doesn't really sound like anything else, it doesn't sound too dated.

Beatsandblood said...

Wow. I haven't heard this for years! I love the Surfers. I need to get some of their illness up at my spot. Great blog by the way!

Andy Warstar said...

your link is dead