September 21, 2007

DJ Dangermouse Presents: The Grey Album


The Grey Album
I'm not much of a fan of Jay-Z but Dangermouse's innovative reworking of The White Album makes for an interesting listen.
(from Wikipedia)The Grey Album is an album by Danger Mouse, released in 2004. It uses an a cappella version of rapper Jay-Z's The Black Album and couples it with instrumentals created from a multitude of unauthorized samples from The Beatles (more commonly known as The White Album). The Grey Album gained notoriety due to the response by EMI in attempting to halt its distribution.
1.Public Service Announcement
2.What More Can I Say
3.Encore
4.December 4th
5.99 Problems
6.Dirt Off Your Shoulder
7.Moment of Clarity
8.Change Clothes
9.Allure
10.Justify My Thug
11.Interlude
12.My 1st Song

2 comments:

Skittle said...

Hey there, just letting you know that I linked to your post here on my blog. :-)

Henry Krinkle said...

cool, thanks. I'll have to check out your site.